SOONER OR LATER YOUR FIBER JOBS ARE GOING TO REQUIRE CERTIFICATION TESTING!
IF YOU BUY A METER WITHOUT REPORT PRINTING CAPABILITIES YOU’LL JUST END UP BUYING YOUR METER ALL OVER AGAIN!
The Fiber OWL 7 is powered by a lithium polymer re-chargeable battery, and will operate for up to 50 hours of continuous operation, and includes a built-in auto shutdown feature. A length testing port is included for end-to-end fiber optic link length measurements.
The Fiber OWL 7 includes a built-in Link Wizard that configures the meter for standards-based fiber link certification. Each fiber run is stored with link name, date of test, cabling standard, fiber type, fiber length, reference value (for up to two wavelengths), reference cable type, connections, splices, and temperature.
In addition the meter will store up to 10000 measured data points with labels. The stored information can be selectively viewed, edited (measured again), printed, or deleted. All stored is downloaded through the USB port to our free OWLView certification software.
- Multimode and singlemode ready
- NIST Traceable
- Link Wizard certifies fiber links using fiber loss parameters from popular industry standards, including TIA-568, Ethernet, and Fiber To The Home (FTTH).
- Fiber optic link length measurement capability
- User-definable cabling standards
- Auto-wavelength recognition (when used with compatible OWL light sources)
- Automatic dual-wavelength reference storage and data storage
- Stores information for up to 10000 data points
- USB interface for downloading data
- Free OWLView Certification software for printing professional certification reports
- High resolution – 0.01 dB
- High accuracy – 0.15 dB
- 75 dB dynamic range
- 2.5mm / 1.25mm universal detector port adapters
- Long battery life: up to 50 hrs
- Re-chargeable Lithium Polymer battery
- Large backlit LCD display
- InGaAs detector
- High impact plastic case